Location: New York
5G End-to-End Solution Architect
What it means to be an End-to-End 5G Solutions Architect (5G-SA) for our client’s Systems Integration Team;
Our client is looking for a Solutions Architect with extensive 5G experience to join a growing services practice within a technology leader. Our client’s Global Services team is building a Systems Integration practice focused on Private 5G, virtualized edge, and enterprise edge cloud solutions. The network edge is an area of growth driven by virtualization, infrastructure refresh, Multi-access Edge Compute (MEC), 5G, and the Internet of Things (IoT).
As an End-to-End Solutions Architect, you will drive multiple aspects of the practice including services presales solutioning, capability development (technology, tools, and processes), and successful delivery of customer projects providing value to our clients with excellent customer experience. Our team will benefit from your innovation, customer focus, collaboration, value creation, and professionalism.
Your responsibilities will include;
- Defining architecture and services solutioning of customer projects that leverage xhaul transport products including multi-vendor integration with RAN and core technologies.
- Define and create best-in-class capabilities of the practice for solution design, implementation, validation, support, and solution life-cycle management.
- Provide technical and commercially aware leadership to scope and design systems integration projects including architecture, project resourcing, and other elements of industrialized offerings along with well-defined client project-specific statements of work (SoW).
- Guide and influence technology partner and ecosystem relationships.
- Lead teams of integration engineers, automation/test engineers, support engineers, and partners to deliver both technically and commercially successful client projects.
- Prepare project deliverables including presentations, solution descriptions, top-level designs, and other documentation.
- Facilitate alignment among internal product teams, industry partners, and other stakeholders.
- Provide insights to optimize our strategy, tactics, and roadmaps.
- Support business development by assisting Ciena colleagues and partners.
- Create content and lead sessions on architecture design, implementation planning, and pilot deployments.
Your background will include the following;
- More than 8 years of experience working in the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) field with responsibilities in systems engineering, service solutions, product/service management, consulting, or systems integration delivery roles.
- Significant and demonstrated experience as a solutions architect or enterprise architect in a services organization is preferred.
- Deep technical knowledge and experience in 5G use cases of eMBB, uRLLC & mMTC across industrial automation, transportation, hospitality, etc., cloud computing, and network function virtualization.
- Deep technical knowledge and experience for 5G applications including O-RAN, Open Edge Servers, Multi-access Edge Compute (MEC), NFVI, and cloud computing. Direct experience with private 4G/5G networks.
- Practical knowledge of 5G network slicing and orchestration.
- Expertise in ethernet and IP networks is required: network design, routing protocols, L2/L3, MEF, and network security.
- Telecom industry standards TMF, ETSI, 3GPP, TOSCA Orchestration modeling.
- Expertise in 0pen-source cloud-native technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, K8S), Helm, Prometheus, Grafana, ELK).
- NMS/EMS/OSS/BSS operations and service assurance knowledge are valuable.
- Certification in software tools for building and managing cloud computing platforms for private 5G solutions.
- Understanding of DevOps and agile development methodologies.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation communication skills. Customer and partner-facing skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science, or equivalent experience. MS or MBA preferred.
- The ability to travel approximately 25%, at times higher to support customer engagements.
Location: New York