@Orchard (formerly Talent Orchard) has an opening to support our large Federal Systems Integration firm for a Contract Material Handler in Aiken, SC. The initial duration of the contract is 6 months with strong potential for extension or full-time employment opportunity based on the business needs and performance.
- Within this role, you will load, unload, and conveys materials within or near plant, yard, or work site and performs a combination of tasks under specific direction which may include shipping and/or receiving.
- Opening containers using hand tools: counts, weighs and samples materials and uses computer systems for tracking, logging, verifying and recording information.
- Loading and unloading materials onto or from pallets, trays, multi-level racks, conveyors, and machines by hand.
- Loading or unloading materials into or from trucks by hand.
- Conveys materials using wheelbarrow, hand truck, forklift, electric dolly, elevator, or other devices.
- Stacks or assembles materials.
- Aids machine operators by lifting heavy objects by hand or by use of power hoist.
- Process the receipt, issue and storing of material daily
- High school diploma or equivalent and relevant experience
- Commitment to helping maintain our high level of inventory accuracy by being able to count accurately and learn and process transactions both timely and accurately.
- Ability to follow safety rules and work safely.
- Ability to load and unload trucks.
- Ability to make sound decisions.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Have sound interpersonal skills in working with other employees and visitors to our facility. Ability to comply with policies and procedures.
- Ability to pass a fork truck drivers test for safe handling and movement of material in, out and around our facility.
- Ability to understand and process transactions
- Prior material handling experience a plus