@Orchard LLC has been retained by well-established solutions provider within defense, intelligence, and critical infrastructure sector to identify & recruit an energetic Cost Engineer to support their federal work in Ridgecrest, CA. The initial period of performance is 6 Months with strong potential FTE opportunity for the right fit. Owing to the nature of the work, we are only able to accept applicants who can able to obtain minimum federal clearance to work.
China Lake Earthquake Recovery (CLRP) program will provide construction management support services to the Naval Air Weapons Station China Lake (NAWSCL) in Ridgecrest, California.
The ideal Cost Engineer will have experience in:
- Analyzing and estimating extensive architectural/engineering alterations and modifications to existing facilities and new facilities.
- Analysis of designs. drawings, proposals, scopes of work, and/or specifications to determine cost projections: and developing comprehension budget cost estimates for complex construction assemblies and building systems composites for all facility project types, ranging from multi- family housing facilities to very complex industrial and operational facilities.
- Development of detailed cost estimates for project under construction either Design- Build or Design-Bid-Build.
- Knowledge of construction task-based scheduling. productivity rates, and development of crews and task durations.
- Comprehensive knowledge of cost estimates, scheduling. and other required services in applying risk analysis concepts and their application cost and schedule risk analysis. ·
- Performing Quality Control and Quality Assurance and reviews of complex cost estimates
- Experience with the use of Autodesk software, Microsoft Office products, cost engineering software and other systems and software used by the program.
- Experience in the use of Building Information Modeling (BIM), specifically Revit is desirable.
- Professional knowledge of cost engineering concepts, theories, principles, practices, and techniques necessary to plan, design, construct maintain a wide range of shore based engineering projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited Architectural or Engineering college curriculum (four) 4 year degree minimum.
- A minimum of ten (10) years’ experience working with Cost Estimating on commercial/industrial type facilities contracts with at least five (5) valued in excess of $5O million.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience using Costworks and Success Estimator as well as Mil (Microcomputer Aided Cost Estimating System Second Generation) cost estimating software.
- Certification as a PMP with the Project Management Institute (PMI) or CCM with the Construction Management Association of American (CMAA) desired.
- Registration as a U.S. Registered Architect (RA) or Professional Engineer (PE) desired.
- Familiarity with typical project controls software such as Primavera scheduling software, Estimate/Schedule Transfer tools, Contract Manager, and DMCS (Document and Materials Control System) is required.
- Must have a clear understanding of, and ability to work with, construction contract commercial documents, drawings and specifications, and be qualified to be a project/program estimate team leader.