Maintains operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network engineers. Duties may include setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocate mass storage space. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery. Develops and monitors policies and standards related to the use of computing resources.
- Manage the entire lifecycle of servers, storage and network equipment within the facility. Including receiving, racking, maintenance, and recycling.
- Work closely with operations teams and vendors to ensure all server, storage, and networking equipment is operating optimally Coordinate and execute planned Change Controls during evening / after hours change windows for requests and planned maintenance.
- Coordinate and execute the replacement of failed components Coordinate, communicate and supervise facility maintenance
- Perform daily walkthrough of the facility to ensure no equipment error lights or inventory discrepancies
- Ensure the data center, office and storage space is spotless at all times
- Ensure our cable management meets department standards and enforce environment policies Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware or other network and physical connectivity problems.
- Act as the first responder for all technical and facility related issues within the data center
- Participate in problem solving and process improvement actions related to data center operations
- Work with team-members on high-level planning, design and documentation projects related to power, cooling, layer 1 networking and policies
- Provide remote hands support on physical server, network and telecommunications equipment for multiple groups
- Establish and maintain a relationship with data center facility manager/team
- Contribute to the ESS IT knowledge base, documentation.
- Administration of data center applications, maintain compliance position and support audit efforts.
- 6+ Years with HS2+ Years with AA0+ Year with BS
- 5+ years experience in a production data center environment Understanding of data center power and cooling infrastructure components
- Deep understanding of server components and repair
- Ability to troubleshoot Dell and Cisco server hardware, opening support cases with vendors as needed and working with team resources.
- Ability to lift equipment up to 50 lbs
- Basic understanding of power and cooling systems in data environments
- Basic understanding of the Linux command line interface.
Hardware Knowledge of : Cisco Routers / Switches Netapp Enterprise Storage Systems Enterprise Oracle Server Systems Dell Servers Structured Cabling Standards Data Center Hardware installation and requirements consisting of Network , Server and Power Distribution Units. Enterprise Tools – Sitescan , Rackwise , Avocent KVM, Splunk, Data Center tools software administration.