Data Developer Analyst
As the Data Developer/Analyst you will;
- Conduct healthcare research, analysis, and data preparation, including data extraction, analyzing and summarizing the results including identifying significant trends and issues.
- Assist clients to identify, develop, and implement performance metrics and measurement tools to monitor program performance and evaluate whether programs are achieving their goals.
- Assist with improving existing and/or developing new healthcare, policies, programs, and operations related to data management lifecycle.
- Assist in the selection of the appropriate method and/or procedure for conducting data collection and assessment, including analysis procedures.
- Responsible for preparation and maintenance of healthcare data, in both tabular and graphic forms, for use in projecting future trends and periodically testing and validating projection assumptions.
- Responsible for monitoring changes and current trends in the managed healthcare marketplace (i.e., changes in Medicare, Medicaid, Private Payor, CHAMPUS, standardized healthcare in the private health care industry, etc.)
- Conduct studies aimed at determining the effectiveness of the activities to include delivery of health services, use of standard forms, files, records, and management processes.
- Document and evaluate business processes and make recommendations for process improvements.
- Produce a variety of communications from informal email interactions with clients to formal memos, issue papers, presentations, executive briefings, and others.
- Conduct research to investigate client problems and work collaboratively with your team to formulate and recommend solutions.
- Support clients in collecting and analyzing data, producing models and visualizations, and draw conclusions from the data to improve decision-making.
Your background will likely include the following;
- U.S. Citizen with ability to obtain a security clearance or have an existing security clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Data Analytics, or a related Information Technology field.
- At least 5-years of consulting experience supporting clients to identify business process improvements, gathering requirements to help achieve efficiencies, and providing enhanced oversight.
- Demonstrated experience in analyzing and reporting data, with the ability to quickly comprehend complex issues and convey findings in a concise, well-written narrative.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills (including presentation skills).
- Possess creative problem-solving ability and a consultancy mind-set.
- Experience working in teams to produce high-impact work products, reports, and other deliverables in a fast-paced environment.
- Technical competencies.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills.
- Expertise in developing SQL code/queries for data manipulation (preferably in SAS).
- 2+ years working with SAS platform.
- Experience with ETL package design and development.
- Experience designing reports and dashboards in Tableau.
- Comprehensive understanding of database design, implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Experience with designing Microsoft Power BI dashboards.