@Orchard LLC is supporting a federal contractor client in their search for a Data Engineer to join their team on an established prime Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) Studies & Analysis contract that supports the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Intelligence. On this program, the team will provide consulting and analytical services to determine the effectiveness of ISR operations and apply methods on real-world data to provide direct support to the war-fighters around the globe. The Data Engineer must have an active TS/SCI clearance.
As a Data Engineer, your responsibilities will include:
- Participating as a high-level, technical expert in data pipeline and script development as well as data analysis and sharing feedback, ideas and suggestions on how to extract, transform, load and manage data.
- Interfacing with the client, stakeholders, military personnel, and data providers to ensure that the Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) Analysis Team within the OUSD(I&S) has maximal buy-in for its activities and can identify and collect data it needs.
- Experience working with data aggregation, external API’s, Extract/Transform/Load (ETL), cleaning data, web scraping or data conversion.
- Heavy use of ETL tools, MongoDB and Python.
Your Background should include the following:
- Active TOP SECRET (TS) with Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) access, required. Individuals who do not have an active TS clearance with SCI access will not be considered for this opportunity.
- Ability to work onsite in Reston, VA. No remote availability for this role.
- Bachelor’s Degree is highly desired.
- Ability to apply comprehension of data engineering-specific technologies and services, leverage expertise in databases and employ a variety of approaches to structuring and retrieving data.
- Ability to support the configuration and ingestion of designated structured ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) script development, including merging and deconflicting related data sources using a general-purpose programming language: e.g., Python.
- Programming experience in NodeJS, Python and other Object-Oriented Languages.
- Experience with legacy web service APIs such as SOAP as well as text-based and web-based data scraping using Python.
- Experience developing databases, preferably MongoDB.
- Ability to work in a small, agile team environment, including on government site where availability of advanced development/database tools may be limited.
Executive Order Requirement (COVID-19):
In accordance with Executive Order 14042 as a Federal Contractor, our Client requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by December 8, 2021 or prior to the first date of employment, whichever is later. As required by the Executive Order, our Client will work in coordination with applicable contract agencies to consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.