We need a Data Scientist to work on all stages of the data science pipeline, to include applying existing machine learning software across large hyperparameter trade spaces, developing new machine learning algorithms and evaluating the best the commercial AI/ML industry has to offer to our problem set.
Why our Client?
- They build advanced AI/ML algorithms to gain analytic insights from a large range of open source and government data
- They enable machine learning systems, automate workflow, and design and develop custom applications for unique national-security mission
They offer the opportunity to work with world-class data scientists and engineers on multi-discipline teams
- Wherever possible, they bring to bear the newest in AI/ML technologies
- Their leaders are engineers and scientists – they know how to help you and your project succeed
What would you be doing?
- Serving on multi-discipline AI/ML teams in the creation of machine learning models and their supporting technologies
- Building automatic target recognition (ATR) algorithms compatible with government platforms such as Palantir, Hydra, etc.
- Executing data extraction, transformation and loading (ETL) tasks for various imagery datatypes to include panchromatic (PAN), multispectral (MSI) and synthetic aperture radar (SAR) data types
- Evaluating the strengths and weaknesses of various AI/ML approaches and delivery strategies
- Participating in team briefings to government clients, prime contractor partners and internal Maxar teams
- Must be US Citizen with a current/active Top Secret with willingness and ability to obtain SCI and CI Polygraph
- B.S. in Data Science, Engineering, Math, Physics, Computer Science, Applied Geography or related field
- 2+ years of experience as a professional data scientist
- 1+ years of experience with the Python data science stack (e.g., numpy, pandas, matplotlib, sklearn, etc.)
- Knowledge of neural network and deep learning algorithms
- Knowledge of deep learning tech such as PyTorch, TensorFlow, etc.
- Willing to travel to Herndon, VA for on-site SCIF work 2-3 times a week
- M.S. in Data Science, Engineering, Math, Physics, Computer Science, Applied Geography or related field
- 3+ years of experience as a professional data scientist
- 2+ years of experience with the Python data science stack (e.g., numpy, pandas, matplotlib, sklearn, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience solving image science and/or geospatial problems for commercial or government clients
- Experience with version control technologies such as Git, GitLab, etc.
- Experience working on data science or image science problems that require subject matter expertise in remote sensing, government collection platforms and image datasets, multispectral imagery (MSI) and synthetic aperture radar (SAR) imagery
- Experience working with MSI and SAR data
- Experience with neural network and deep learning algorithms
- Experience with deep learning tech such as PyTorch, TensorFlow, etc.
- Experience with Python’s geospatial libraries, such as gdal, geopandas, shapely, etc.
- Experience with Linux command line tools
- Experience using Docker for packaging and delivering data science capabilities
- Experience with cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure, etc.
- Experience with cloud-based AI/ML platforms such as SageMaker, IBM Watson Studio, etc.
- Knowledge of deep learning algorithms for image science, such as YOLO, SSD, DetectNet, etc.