@Orchard LLC is supporting a federal contractor client in their search for a Data Scientist with active Top Secret clearance to join their established contract in support of a Navy Analytics Program, where the team will provide a wide range of technical and analytical support to the Customer. The work for this program is currently being managed remotely, but when the pandemic situation changes, there will be a hybrid expectation to work in Arlington, VA, 2-3 days a week, due to the classified nature of the work.
As a Data Scientist, your responsibilities will include:
- Identifying relevant business problems, selecting appropriate performance metrics, analyzing data, developing and evaluating models, and presenting results in appropriate textual or visual formats.
- The role is in the Washington DC area (Reston and/or Arlington, Virginia) working with a multi-disciplinary team focused on document analytics.
Your Background should include the following:
- US Citizen with active TOP SECRET clearance required (an active TS/SCI clearance preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Operations Research, Computer Science, Computational Linguistics, Software Engineering or related technical field is required
- 5+ years combined of data science (2-year minimum), natural language processing, and/or computer programming experience
- Demonstrable skills in at least two programming languages (Python, R, Java, Scala, Go, C, C++, Julia) and at least one deep learning library (PyTorch, TensorFlow, MXNet) building or fine-tuning state-of-the-art language models to perform classification, information retrieval, and information extraction on large data sets
- Strong understanding of the underlying mathematics, statistics, and algorithms of machine learning models
- Ability to use version control systems such as Git for branching, committing, and merging collaboratively with a development team
- Ability to build data cleaning and ingestion pipelines starting with raw and unstructured data sources such as Portable Document Format (PDF), Microsoft Office file formats, and images
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and with technical accuracy in both oral and written modes.
- Ability to work effectively under time constraints and potentially changing priorities, while maintaining a high level of attention to detail
- Ability to work in a collaborative, team environment, including on government sites where availability of advanced development/database tools may be limited
- Graduate Degree, preferably in Mathematics, Operations Research, Computer Science, Computational Linguistics, Software Engineering or related technical field
- Experience with Navy research and analysis databases
- Data visualization skills using tools such as Matplotlib, Seaborn, and ggplot2
- Experience working on Unix (Linux) command line
Executive Order Requirement (COVID-19):
In accordance with Executive Order 14042 as a Federal Contractor Redhorse requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by December 8, 2021 or prior to the first date of employment, whichever is later. As required by the Executive Order, Redhorse will work in coordination with applicable contract agencies to consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.