The company works in a fast-paced environment with over 84, 000 employees worldwide. The initial contract duration will be 6 months with eligibility for FTE after successful completion of 6 months
- Provide desktop/laptop and some server, IT support for the customer; some of the job requirements as listed
- Supports computer users with the installation of hardware/software and networking components to meet personal computer needs
- Diagnoses and troubleshoots problems with individual or multiple computer systems in order to maintain proper functioning
- Resolves issues including contacting and assisting vendors Researches, analyzes, and provides hardware/software recommendations, ordering information, and other purchasing information to users to assist in purchasing necessary equipment
- Diagnoses and resolves complex end-user hardware/software problems including network, desktop, printer, remote access software, VoIP, mobile devices, MS Office, MS OS (Win XP, Vista, Win 7, WIN 10), etc.
- Performs new computer configuration and coordinates the workstation upgrade/replacement process
- Participates in the deployment of new software platforms
- Track user requests for equipment, information, and problem reporting by opening cases and keeping case histories current and complete
- Verify with the customer that the problem has been resolved and close the case.
Skills and Experience Required:
- High School Diploma with at least 5 years of related experience
- Experience with McAfee, MS OS; MS XP, Win 7, Win 10 MS Office Suite, MS Server 2003/2008
- Candidate must work well in a team environment · Have excellent communication skills
- The applicant must be self-motivated.
- Have excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Excellent knowledge of computer hardware, software, and terminology
- Excellent knowledge of computer systems and local area networks
- Excellent computer skills & organizational skills