Our client has requested @Orchard engage a contractor experienced as a DevSecOps Consultant to partner with software engineering teams, and support the software development process. This is a contract role, with the potential to be considered for a full-time role with the client after a minimum of a six-month contract period through @Orchard. Owing to the nature of the work, and ultimate client, all eligible consultants must be US-Citizens.
As the DevSecOps Consultant you will;
- Work closely with software engineers to gather requirements, research, evaluate, design, plan, deploy, and support enterprise software platforms and related technologies in an environment that meets the needs of the engineering teams.
- Build highly-resilient, high-performance, scalable, and flexible systems.
- Define, document, and follow standards and best practices for systems design, testing, and implementation.
- Drive scripting and automation to develop solutions to common problems.
- Co-develop (with CTO) and implement a security policy for endpoint + network devices and administer group domain policies.
- Inventory, endpoint security (win/MacOS/linux), network security.Support buildout of network security monitoring systems: enforce endpoint security logging, SIEM.
- Co-design physical security systems, enforcement, and pen-testing plans.
- Maintain hardware inventory; co-design and implement policies for hardware security.
- Administer the network and computer hardware for the company. VLANs, IP networking, G.Suite.
- Build and maintain a CI/CD build-system for core software libraries; including source repositories, test, build, and production infrastructures.
- Exercise a high degree of responsibility and authority for the processes, systems, and tools you create and manage.
- Make recommendations, justify, and implement improvements using an accepted change control methodology.
Your background will likely include;
- 4+ years of experience in IT systems administration.
- Experience with networking technologies and the Linux operating system environment.PowerShell (or similar) scripting experience.
Preferred Skills and Experience;
- Expertise in creating repeatable, reliable, scalable systems architectures, with high availability, fault tolerance, performance tuning, monitoring, and statistics/metrics collection.
- Expert working knowledge (including the ability to set up, configure, upgrade, manage, and troubleshoot) Apple-based systems and services such as DHCP, DNS, IIS, MS-SQL, NPS, etc.
- Expertise in source code and version control tools.
- Experience with configuration management, provisioning, infrastructure as code, and other DevOps concepts and tools.Understanding of developing web and C++ applications and build processes.Networking experience in IPv4, switching, routing, firewalls, and HA architecture.
- Must be comfortable working with mission-critical and sensitive systems, with a sense of urgency appropriate to the responsibilities.
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to communicate with internal/external customers, vendors.
- Expertise in cloud-based endpoint security