Our client has identified a need for an experienced and tenacious Director of Marketing to support the launch of their second surgical device/pharmaceutical product to be used to deliver long-lasting postoperative pain relief for patients with Orthopedic surgery. The product has FDA approval and a label, but everything else needs to be completed in order to deliver upon a successful launch in the Second Quarter of 2022. The Director will report directly to the Chief Commercial Officer and will manage the entire lifecycle, interacting with all key internal stakeholders, an external marketing agency, and KOL’s within the Orthopedic Surgical sector. If you have already or have always wanted to own a new product launch in its entirety, and trust your abilities to get a complex product to market successfully, within a comparatively short window, then this is your opportunity to do just that!
As the Director of Marketing, you will own the entire process, working closely with the CCO and other leaders. Your responsibilities will include.
- Analyze target market information to identify and recommend effective marketing approaches.
- Develop and deliver value propositions for key customers and segments.
- Determine product strategy and long-term business plan.
- Develop Commercial strategy in collaboration with Commercial Leadership Team (CLT) and partner with CLT on roll-out and measurement.
- Direct and implement the organization’s advertising and promotional activities.
- Measure the effectiveness and makes adjustments as required.
- Select and manage agencies across the specialty/brand with a focus on strategic and financial goal achievement.
- Maintain ownership of product website and social media platforms in partnership with other brand leaders. Lead insight generation for the specialty.
- Responsible for Forecasts and the operating budget of the brand/specialty.
- Collaborate with senior executives to ensure cross-functional alignment and execution.
- Recruit, interview, hire, and train staff in the department. Oversee the daily workflow of the specialty. Perform other related responsibilities as assigned.
Your background will include the following elements.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing or a related field (Master’s degree preferred).
- A minimum of 5-years of experience within the medical device and/or pharmaceutical industry with at least 3 years focused upon marketing products for hospital-based clients.
- Demonstrated experience leading a new-product launch within the surgical environment, with a preference for Orthopedics, or complex environments such as Cardiology or Transplant where the role of the surgeon is critical in influencing decision making.
- Proven track record working with a third-party marketing vendor, including managing all deliverables.
- Prior experience within medical device sales-focused upon the surgical and hospital community strongly preferred.
- Experience and awareness of how to engage with surgical KOL’s and provide necessary collateral for the KOL’s to become advocates for the product within the context of the hospital acquisition process.