Remote Opportunity (Work from Home Office)
@Orchard LLC has been retained by a well-established solutions provider within the defense, intelligence, and critical infrastructure sector to identify an experienced Systems Engineer to support their federal work. This will be remote working from home office and Period of Performance is 6 Months with potential extensions beyond the said period and a strong possibility for an FTE opportunity after 6 months on the contract.
Systems Engineer to support all systems engineering tasks such as requirements analysis, requirements development, Concept of Operations (CONOPS), cost, and risk assessments, trade studies, and document system design descriptions.
- Develop component level performance specification by managing requirements in IBM Rational DOORS
- Create requirements traceability in DOORS
- Develop and maintain requirements compliance and supporting artifacts.
- Develop interface control diagrams (ICDs) between assigned sub-system, system and components.
- Develop trade studies to drive design decisions and document trade study results.
- Coordinate SE activities with IPTs and Specialty Engineering POCs to help influence the design.
- Provide systems engineering input to support program reviews.
- Document concept design decisions and support generating system design concept descriptions and capability assessments.
- Must have bachelor degree from an accredited university in engineering with the following experience: 8+ Years with AA 6+ Years with BS
- Have knowledge necessary to write requirements specification (subsystem and component).
- Have knowledge necessary for requirement derivation, allocation and management.
- Develop and manage system functions and requirements using DOORS.
- Balance system design considering system usage CONOPS, performance, constraints, and logistics.
- Generate system design concept descriptions and capability assessments per the program Statement of Work (SOW).
- Plan, conduct and document complex trade studies.
- Be able to manage size, weight, power and cost of system.
- Be able to manage system risk.
- Be familiar with preparation of typical artifacts that are required for program milestone reviews.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Position will be remote, Must have extensive and recent experience with creating and tracing requirements in DOORS.