Designers at this level apply standard design principles and theories to complete assignments. In this role you will develop difficult and complex working drawings from equipment specifications, engineering notes, sketches, and/or detailed drawings, ensuring that they meet company and industry standards and codes. Our designers understand the materials and methods normally used within the assigned discipline.
- Utilizes a CAD workstation to prepare engineering drawings consisting of standard arrangements, layouts, flow sheets, assemblies, isometrics, etc., from rough sketches and/or from general engineering and design information according to established standards and procedures.
- Works closely with other Designer/Drafters and Engineers to ensure a coordinated design.
- Applies standard design principles and theories to complete assignments.
- Utilizes technical manuals to ensure compliance with company policies and applicable standards and codes such as ANSI, PFI, and ASME.
- Ensures compliance with required design safety factors, tolerances, and specifications.
- Compiles data and performs dimensional and routine calculations required for the preparation of drawings.
- Reads and understands orthographic (2D) and/or isometric (3D) designs and supplier/manufacturer drawings.
- Makes required changes, additions, and/or revisions, as directed by immediate supervisor.
- May assist in training lower level Designer/Drafters in various procedures.
- Checks drawings prepared by lower level Designer/Drafters for accuracy and adequacy.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate
- Associate’s or equivalent technical degree or certificate of completion from an accredited designer/drafter course (or equivalent work experience)
- 4+ years of relevant experience.
- Requirements include proficiency with Microsoft Office and MSTeams for remote collaboration, ETAP, and working knowledge of AutoCAD to support deliverable development and review..