- Utilizes a CAD workstation to prepare engineering drawings consisting of standard arrangements, layouts, flow sheets, assemblies, isometrics, etc., from rough sketches and/or from general engineering and design information according to established standards and procedures.
- Works closely with other Designer/Drafters and Engineers to ensure a coordinated design.
- Applies standard design principles and theories to complete assignments.
- Utilizes technical manuals to ensure compliance with company policies and applicable standards and codes such as ANSI, PFI, and ASME.
- Ensures compliance with required design safety factors, tolerances, and specifications.
- Compiles data and performs dimensional and routine calculations required for the preparation of drawings.
- Reads and understands orthographic (2D) and/or isometric (3D) designs and supplier/manufacturer drawings.
- Makes required changes, additions, and/or revisions, as directed by immediate supervisor.
- May assist in training lower level Designer/Drafters in various procedures.
- Checks drawings prepared by lower level Designer/Drafters for accuracy and adequacy.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate
- Associate’s or equivalent technical degree or certificate of completion from an accredited designer/drafter course (or equivalent work experience)
- 4+ years of relevant experience.
- Requirements include proficiency with Microsoft Office and MSTeams for remote collaboration, ETAP, and working knowledge of AutoCAD to support deliverable development and review..