- Perform complex engineering tasks and difficult engineering work efficiently and accurately.
- Extract engineering information from CAD drawings. Prepares engineering computations, material quantity takeoffs, estimates, surveys, and designs.
- Prepare detailed requisitions for equipment and materials.
- Review supplier drawing submittals and performs technical bid analyses.
- Prepare and issue specifications, datasheets, and other construction documents.
- Provide technical guidance to CAD Drafters, Designers, and lower-level Engineers working on the same project.
- May be required to provide the seal and signature of the professional engineer, as appropriate, ensuring compliance with all applicable codes, regulations, and ordinances.
- May act in an advisory capacity to senior management personnel on engineering-related matters.
- Experience working with 480V and up.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering and 8+ years of related work experience.
- Professional Engineer registration in California is desired.
- Proficiency in utilizing software packages typically associated with Electrical Engineering is required. (Revit and AutoCAD)
- Experience in low voltage and medium voltage heavy industrial design, substation design, transmission, and distribution line design, and ETAP modeling required.