The work is located in Syracuse, NY, and will require working on-site with the client.
As the Electrical Engineer, your responsibilities include:
- Establishing, coordinating, and/or participating in technical reviews.
- Working seamlessly with engineers of various disciplines.
- Traveling to the customer site and when required, internationally.
- Conducting Electrical Engineering hardware design and issue resolutions related to prototype development and production testing.
- Work as part of an experienced engineering team to complete the radar system design, test, installation, and quality control.
Your Qualifications and Skills will include:
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) or a related degree combined with electrical hardware design and troubleshooting experience.
- A minimum of five years of experience within a manufacturing or depot environment, conducting electrical engineering activities.
- Demonstrated ability to apply advanced engineering techniques and analyze complex problems.
- Technical team leadership experience.
- Significant experience designing and implementing RF subassemblies up to 2GHz – receivers, transmitters, upconverters, synthesizers.
- Understanding of RF communications systems link budget analysis and antenna pattern design analysis and testing.
- Hands-on experience with analog circuit design and PCB assemblies.
- Working knowledge of RF system implementations for terrestrial radio or SATCOM applications.
- Proficient use of RF design simulation tools and schematic capture tools.
- Must have the ability to obtain/maintain a Secret level clearance.
- Willing to travel up to 10% within the United States.
- Other desired skills and experience include;
- Experience designing and developing RF antenna systems for DoD applications.
- RF Communications Systems design for Submarine or Shipboard applications
- RF sub-assembly design experience for DoD applications.
- Experience with the RF design implementation for the following systems – GPS Receive, VHF/UHF SATCOM, Iridium, Link -16, VLF/LF communications, VHF/UHF LOS transceivers.
- Proficient working with RF design simulation tools – ADS, HFSS, Matlab/SIMULINK BASIC.
- Ability to interface and integrate with various customers and subcontracted design companies.