@Orchard LLC has been retained by well-established solutions provider within defense, intelligence, and critical infrastructure sector to identify & recruit an energetic Environmental Technician/Water Treatment Plant Operators to support their federal work in Middleport, NY. The initial period of performance is 12 Months with strong potential FTE opportunity for the right fit.
- Under general supervision, performs a variety of routine remediation services, which includes assisting with operations of the groundwater treatment plant, field oversight of subcontractors, maintenance activities for pumps/probes, conducts environmental media sampling, maintenance of daily records and log book.
- Position will involve being based on an active Client site.
- Will function as a treatment system assistant operator and environmental technician, working as needed, for a 250 gallon per minute groundwater/stormwater recovery and treatment system as well as various construction and remediation projects. The treatment system employs a number of physical and chemical treatment unit operations including: air stripping, activated carbon, ammonia removal and metals precipitation. As an assistant operator, employee will work closely with other operators to ensure proper function of the system and maintain equipment.
- Daily tasks may include operation of the pumping and controls equipment, calibration of metering and monitoring equipment, and performance of basic field laboratory tests. Collect samples and maintain documentation in record logs. Perform routine laboratory analytical testing associated with day-to-day operation/optimization of the treatment process. Initiate basic reports and/or establish and maintain logs and records. Conduct air or personal monitoring and provide subcontractor oversight.
Required Skills / Experience:
- Mechanical and electrical troubleshooting and maintenance aptitude/experience is essential.
- Experience with the operation and maintenance of chemical addition systems reactors, pumping systems, mixing systems, clarification and filter press systems is a plus.
- Knowledge of automated control systems and SCADA is a plus.
- Minimum High School diploma, or equivalent, and 2+ years of related work experience, or a 2-year degree in a related field.
- Completion of a 40-hour HAZWOPER OSHA training course (with an annual 8-hour update- current preferred, expired acceptable) is preferred for industrial or hazardous wastewater operations.
- Driver’s license in good standing.
- Basic computer skills and experience with email and Microsoft office applications (Word/Excel).
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds, work in confined spaces, and work under inclement weather conditions.