@Orchard LLC has been retained by a well-established solutions provider within the defense, intelligence, and critical infrastructure sector to identify & recruit a skilled Field Service Technicianto support their local government client in Endicott, NY. This will be a 6 months project with the opportunity for potential full-time employment after the period of performance for the right fit.
This technician will work on deployments of new and cascade PCs to the user community. This will include imaging, moving user data, installing software and doing the physical installation of the device at the users desk. This technician will be involved with diagnosing and fixing hardware and software issues on end user devices. This technician will be responsible for opening and closing tickets in our Remedy ticketing system to track work completed. This technician will be responsible for providing and updating asset information in our Remedy system. This technician will be responsible for helping users with remote access issues.
- High School Diploma Two years or more of IT related courses and AS degree or equivalent experience.
- Two or more years in a IT support role with daily user interaction.
- Responsible for diagnosing and repairing user and system problems.
- Good working knowledge of computer hardware, software and terminology.
- Good working knowledge of local area networks.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory and related tools.
- Thorough familiarity with Microsoft Office and SCCM.
- A+ Certification Four year IT related college degree
- Multi-year experience in a windows based active directory environment utilizing McAfee security tools and Microsoft SCCM management tools.
- Multi-year experience with imaging Windows based PCs.
- Familiarity with ServiceNow.