Flight Software Engineer
Our client is seeking an experienced Flight Software Engineer to join their team in Westminster, CO, or San Jose, CA. In this role, you will work on a challenging project to launch a first-of-its-kind on-orbit servicing spacecraft. If you are looking to join a firm that has amazing technology, great values, and where you know you have room to be impactful and grow, then we need to hear from you.
As the Flight Software Engineer you will be responsible for;
- You will implement the embedded flight software for our client’s space vehicles.
- You will also work with engineering and manufacturing stakeholders and other members of the software team in a cross-functional environment to support the full Software Development Life Cycle of our embedded-software products.
- To be successful in this role, you should be capable of synthesizing information across multiple problem domains and collaborating within multi-disciplinary teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or related field (4 additional years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree).
- A minimum is 2 years of relevant work experience as a software engineer.
- Demonstrated experience designing and implementing embedded software in an RTOS such as Greenhills Integrity, VxWorks, or RTEMS.
- Demonstrated ability to implement maintainable software in C/C++ or ADA.
- Demonstrated facility with software revision control systems and workflows (e.g., Git, CVS).
- Familiarity with spacecraft Attitude Control Systems.
- Ability to develop software verification plans, unit level, and open-loop test suites and procedures, executing the test procedures and documenting test results to ensure software system requirements are met.