Global Health (HIV/AIDS) Project Manager
@Orchard LLC is an EDWOSB 8(a) Federal Contractor and we have been retained to assist a growing Federal Contractor in finding two Global Health (HIV/AIDS) Project Managers to support the mission of DHAPP across the world. As the Global Health PM, you would work with foreign military and NGO partners within a region to develop HIV/AID prevention and education initiatives, and have the rewarding experience of assisting the military and our partners improve safety and health outcomes.
As the Global Health (HIV/AIDS) Project Manager you will;
- Provide policy and technical input in the development of appropriate HIV prevention, care, and treatment strategies.
- Serve as a contact point for all matters related to US-host military HIV/AIDS issues.
- Work with US Government and NGO partners to implement the HIV/AIDS prevention plan.
- Represent the US Government, DoD, and DHAPP in coordinating HIV/AIDS prevention in-country efforts with other donors and collaborators.
- Determine an appropriate 5-year HIV strategy based upon local resources and potential partners, current host military HIV efforts.
- Identify funding opportunities, request funding, and assist with the preparation of proposals.
- Liaison with appropriate in-country members, and Commands.
- Implement the planned prevention strategy, including program oversight, milestone monitoring, and evaluation including implementing partners.
- Provide financial oversight and review for appropriate disbursement including implementing partners.
- Maintain current military HIV knowledge and information.
- Formulate a team of expert resources in prevention, treatment, care, and support activities as needed.
- Provide HIV prevention technical assistance to the field with regard to program planning, behavior change communication, HIV service linkages, HIV testing and counseling, partner notification/index testing, PMTCT, VMMC, general population prevention, and related HIV-specific programming
- Serve on USG technical panels in specific HIV technical areas.
- Direct, manage and evaluate large amounts of data from a variety of resources
- Travel out of the continental U.S. approximately 25% of the year, to assigned location(s).
Your background will include the following;
- Must be US Citizen with the ability to obtain and Public Trust clearance
- An advanced degree in a relevant technical field (MPH preferred).
- Two+ years of experience in international health, health sciences, or in HIV/AIDS programs
- Proven ability to communicate effectively and accurately with various stakeholders such as DOD, NGO, and local government officials
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of concepts, principles, techniques, and practices of HIV/AIDS prevention, care, treatment, and support programs.
- Ability to work both independently and cooperatively in an established culturally diverse team setting
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and be flexible in responding to changing demands, timelines, and priorities
- Masters of Public Health
- Prior work experience with a USG Agency, military, or other international/local organization
- Intermediate or better French or Spanish speaking ability