@Orchard (formerly Talent Orchard) has been an opening to support our large Federal Systems Integration firm for a Contract Payroll Admin in Charlotte, NC. This is an exciting opportunity to support one of the largest defense contractors that have over $22.59 billion dollars in revenue and are a publicly-traded company. The company works in a fast-paced environment with over 84, 000 employees worldwide. The initial contract duration will be 8 months.
- Payroll Admin will provide confidential services to employees within the business which by nature of the position, involves high-level contacts and exposure to sensitive information necessitating considerable use of tact, diplomacy, discretion and judgment.
- Reliable and professional interface and communications with all levels of internal and external individuals. Communications will occur by phone, email and face to face supporting monies owed/garnishment cases and other duties as assigned.
- They will perform a wide range of services for the payroll department including such items as preparing or supporting various office documents, processing mail (paper and electronic), perform typical payroll activities, and other tasks as assigned.
- At least 2 years of experience in a corporate environment.
- Must be skilled and proficient in office automation tools such as and including Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word and PowerPoint), Microsoft Outlook 2013
- Requires a high degree of initiative, accuracy, judgment and superior interpersonal skills, a thorough understanding of business practices and procedures and the ability to interface well with all levels of management.
- Ability to use a variety of office equipment resources, such as computers, photocopiers, scanners, and videoconferencing.
- Proven success in multitasking and balancing priorities.
- Previous experience with garnishments and Peoplesoft desired.