In this role, you will act as the first line of defense in verification and validation efforts for different Space Infrastructure products. Collaborating closely with a cohort of electrical, mechanical, and system engineers, you will develop test plans, build test rigs, and execute test activities in the laboratory for R&D and Qualification campaigns. This is an exciting opportunity to be hands-on with flight hardware and it will rely on a solid foundation on engineering to ensure that our avionics products are ready for launch.
- Plan and execute tests and verification activities on a suite of avionics products both for R&D and qualification purposes
- Design and build test rigs with the necessary requirements for a full verification of the flight hardware
- Develop electrical schematics, mechanical drawings and software scripts for test automation
- Review and synthesize test data to troubleshoot design issues and provide potential solutions to the Design Engineers
- Interface with Hardware, Firmware and Software Engineers to understand the designs and ensure that they incorporate Design-for-Verification best practices.
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering. 4 additional years of experience may be substituted for a degree.
- 1+ year of experience in a test environment, including experience planning, developing test methods, and executing functional or environmental tests for electrical hardware
- PCB or unit level testing experience needed
- Experience using scopes, function generators, different data buses, instrumentation and/or environmental lab equipment (thermal chambers, vibe tables)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced iterative R&D environment where requirements are not yet fully defined
- Hands-on oriented, willingness to test quick, understand failures and incorporate lessons learned in the design and keep going, showing resilience
- 3 years of relevant experience, including experience testing avionics components for aerospace applications
- Familiarity with satellite avionics design and test obtained through educational training and/or on the-job experience in a related field
- Familiarity with the space environment and its effect on satellite systems