Lead Financial Management Specialist & Cost Estimator – Federal
The Lead Financial Management Specialist/Cost Estimator is a role that requires a consultative approach to the work. In this position, you will need to understand the federal budget processes, know the information needed to accomplish the tasks required, and assist the client with appropriate questions and guidance to ensure the deliverable accomplishes its true purpose. In addition to working with the Director and Deputy Director; you will also work independently with our client’s Program/Project Managers to produce and report on financial matters.
If you are looking to leverage your current skills to work with really talented people committed to a critical mission of protecting our nation, this is your opportunity.
As the Lead Financial Management Specialist & Cost Estimator you will:
- Assist with current and out-year spend plan development and tracking support which lists the forecasted Agency spend efforts in relation to customer requirements for the current fiscal year and beyond.
- Coordinate, consolidate inputs and support annual spend plan development activities internal to the government client, as well as with other stakeholders.
- Perform data/trend analysis in support of the Cost Estimating Branch (CEB) and Budget & Finance (B&F).
- Support strategic planning – responding to inquiries regarding unfunded requirements, spend plan change requests, funding level increases and decrease, etc.
- Coordinate with stakeholders to develop and provide inputs into the spend plan requirements formulation process, Resource Allocation Plan (RAP), Resource Allocation Decision (RAD), Monthly Financial Reviews, Mid-Year Program Management Reviews, and Congressional Justifications.
- Support reporting/metric tracking.
- Support Government client Acquisition Program Management’s (APM) INSIGHT tool.
- Support acquisition documentation and reporting.
Your background will include;
- 5+ years of demonstrated knowledge and experience in financial management and cost estimating.
- A 4 year Bachelor’s degree (required).
- Previous experience directly supporting DHS is strongly preferred.
CLICK TO APPLY