@Orchard (formerly Talent Orchard) has been an immediate opening to support our large Federal Systems Integration firm for an experienced Machinist/Metal Sheet Fabricator to program in Ft. Walton Beach, FL. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with one of the largest aerospace firms with a global footprint of more than 89, 000 employees. This is a temp-to-hire opportunity with an initial contract duration being 5 months.
- Operate metal fabrication equipment such as punch press, shears, rolls, power brakes, and saw to cut, bend, straighten, and form sheet metal stock or parts.
- Make shop aids such as stops, guides, feeding aids, and blocks to facilitate machine operations.
- Locate and mark bending or cutting lines and reference points onto workpiece using rule, compass, straightedge, or by tracing from templates.
- Performs file and burr operations as required.
- Set up and operate manual tooling hydraulic press brakes and utilize brake and various tools to form shapes in sheet metal per blueprints.
- Run the first piece and assure conformance to drawing.
- Inspect all parts as required by process sheet and drawings, using all types of precision measuring instruments, including coordinate measuring device Monitor production to ensure conformance with process sheet and time standards.
- Monitor machine maintenance for lubrication, guarding, and cleanliness.
- All work is performed according to industry best practices and Mil Standards in accordance with Quality Assurance standards.
- Must be able to read and interpret mechanical fabrication and installation drawings.
- High School Diploma with 4 years of related mechanical / manufacturing technician experience.
- Experience operating and setting up CNC machines and press brakes
- Knowledge of sheet metal cutting and forming equipment
- Knowledge of hand tools such as drills, rivet guns, squeezers, etc.
- Water Jet programming/operation and composite fabrication experience is desired.