- Load, unload, and convey materials within or near the plant, yard, or work site and perform a combination of tasks under specific direction which may include shipping and/or receiving.
- Open containers using hand tools: counts, weighs, and samples materials and uses computer systems for tracking, logging, verifying, and recording information.
- Load and unload materials onto or from pallets, trays, multi-level racks, conveyors, and machines by hand: loads or unloads materials into or from trucks by hand.
- Convey materials using a wheelbarrow, hand truck, forklift, electric dolly, elevator, or other devices: stacks or assembles materials: aids machine operators by lifting heavy objects by hand or by use of power hoist.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Experience in a material handling/warehouse function.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds frequently.
- Ability to work in a physically demanding job with minimal downtime.
- Ability to multi-task, and perform under pressure, maintaining attention to detail and system data integrity
- Weekend/overtime availability is a must
- Inventory management experience (Both hands-on material handling and system transactions and interfaces)
- Previous experience using forklifts and other material handling equipment.
- Experience working in a shop environment
- Must have High School Diploma or GED