Medical Science Liaison (MSL) – National Account
Would you like to bring your talents to a flourishing biotech focused on improving patient experience and surgical outcomes? A firm nationally recognized for fostering a culture of professional development and personal growth.
Could you identify and build relationships with Key Opinion Leaders (KOL) through scientific exchange and by providing clinical evidence and clinical education that supports either recently released or about-to-be commercialized non-opioid pain products?
Are you seeking an opportunity for professional development and career advancement?
Do you want to employ your MSL skill set to collaborate with Commercial counterparts, build out an MSL team, and support the development of the Medical Affairs Team?
@Orchard has been retained by a Private Equity backed bio-therapeutics company with two novel drug-device non-opioid pain products FDA approved for certain surgical patients. Our client is driven to meet the significant unmet medical needs with a current focus on post-surgical pain management.
Our client has a need to add an experienced Medical Science Liaison (MSL), interested in supporting on a national level, the commercial expansion of the two new non-opioid pain surgical management franchises. This position will provide the MSL with engagement, and a pathway toward greater involvement in Medical Affairs as the company continues to evolve. The MSL is the front-line member of the Medical Affairs organization responsible for establishing and maintaining educational and research collaborations with Key Opinion Leaders (KOL). In addition, the MSL will interact with internal customers (and their consultants) from both the Commercial and R&D organizations regarding the scientific and medical information relating to the company’s products.
As an MSL/Med Affairs professional with our client, you will;
- Function as the primary clinical and scientific resource to Health Care Providers (HCPs) for information pertaining to disease state and our client’s products to ensure awareness and understanding.
- Serve as a conduit for accurate and updated clinical, scientific, and medical information between KOLs. investigators and the Medical Affairs team.
- Establish, foster, cultivate and maintain peer-to-peer relationships with KOLs in the therapeutic areas of interest to our client for current and future products.
- Share knowledge and participate in scientific exchanges and interactions with KOLs and HCPs. Present clinical and scientific data on the company’s products and relevant therapeutic areas to formulary decision-makers.
- Identify and communicate key clinical and research issues from industry leaders to appropriate internal partners to shape company research, development, and commercial strategies.
- Develop and implement stakeholder mapping to support Medical Affairs’ strategic direction for assigned geography.
- Maintain and demonstrate a thorough and up-to-date knowledge of disease state, clinical information, and product data.
- Serve as the technical/scientific subject matter expert and resource to the client’s commercial team.
- Facilitate submitted Investigator-Initiated Study (IIS) proposals and assist with company-sponsored studies.
- Serve as the primary contact for external investigators who submit IIS proposals.
- Provide recommendations for site selection, for company-sponsored studies.
- Provide clinical and scientific expertise to investigators involved in collaborative post-approval studies.
- Partner with appropriate internal colleagues to support company collaboration and interaction with professional/scientific organizations.
- Attend, prospect, and support Conferences relevant to pain, surgery, and related subject matter.
- Assist in creating and updating Medical Information Response as needed.
- Assist in training HCPs as scientific consultants to engage in scientific activities and support aligned Medical Affairs projects i.e.) advisory boards, speaker programs, journal clubs, clinical trials
Your background will include;
- An advanced degree, such as MD, PharmD, or Ph.D. in medical sciences is strongly preferred; Physician Assistant and Nurse considered.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience as a clinical/medical science liaison in the pharmaceutical or biotech industries with an emphasis on hospital-based applications.
- Demonstrated prior experience working within an Operating Room/surgical environment is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of the pharmaceutical/healthcare market, acceptable practices, and related regulations is required.
- Knowledge of hospital formulary practices and decision-making processes is preferred.
- Knowledge of hospital/surgical center protocol and process is required.
- Knowledge of product-related therapeutic area clinical application is strongly preferred including pain related to surgery.
- Demonstrated project management and exceptional written and verbal communication capabilities.
- Able to travel for business on a frequent basis nationally as needed, including the ability to travel overnight and occasionally on weekends.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently while adhering to Medical Affairs’ strategic direction.
- Demonstrated ability and experience working cross-functionally, as well as influencing and negotiating within the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex situations and proactively identify opportunities/issues; effectively solve problems that cross-functional boundaries.