About our client;
Looking for a chance to make a real difference in the oncology space? Taiho Oncology (TOI) is on a mission: to improve the lives of cancer patients, their families, and caregivers. Our “People First” approach means we also value our employees, who work relentlessly to help us execute our mission. Taiho’s success is founded on ensuring we always act with accountability, collaboration, and trust. By following these guiding principles, we earn and maintain the confidence of our patients, our partners, and each other. Together, we’re working to discover and develop innovative cancer treatments that address unmet patient needs and apply the science behind them in novel ways. As the field of cancer treatment evolves, we evolve with it.
Advanced technology, dedicated investigators, and incomparable facilities: these vast resources empower us to redefine the way the world treats cancer.
It’s our work, our passion, and our legacy. If the prospect of being part of this sounds exciting, we invite you to join us.
About the role;
As an MSL supporting the Pacific North West Region, you will;
Facilitate and develop the relationship with the medical/scientific community within your assigned territory, by communicating scientific products and disease state elated information to investigators and institutions. Provide information on research developments and new concepts in medical treatment, giving perspective to field activities associated with the medical science benefits of existing products and new products. You will build lasting and qualitative relationships with key opinion leaders (KOL’s) within Oncology in your territory. You will be tasked with bringing back requests for information and insights from your KOL’s to the company.
Your responsibilities will include;
- Identify, establish, and maintain collaborative relationships with key investigators and institutions strategic to the appropriate use of company products.
- Participate in medical education for healthcare professionals, through presentations at appropriate venues.
- Facilitate the identification of medical community training and educational needs, and work with the appropriate departments to ensure required education and training are provided.
- Increase visibility for Taiho Oncology with current and future industry leaders.
- Identify clinical research opportunities that are consistent with company objectives.
- Be the key contact for investigators for the initiation of ISS, and provide investigators with technical support for study development.
- Identify and communicate key clinical and research issues from industry leaders to appropriate departments to help shape company research, development, marketing plans, and strategies.
- Maintain clinical expertise through aggressive education including attendance at relevant conferences, scientific workshops, and review of key journals.
Your background will likely include;
PharmD., Ph.D. or MD (with clinical experience within the US preferred), or a Masters in Nursing, or related field and clinical experience as a Nurse or Nurse Practitioner within the Oncology space.
- This is a field-based position working from a home office: must be available for frequent travel.
- 5 years overall related experience either as a MSL, a Clinical Pharmacist, a Senior CRA or Master’s level RN with a minimum of 2 years specialty in Oncology.
- Demonstrable clinical trial development experience.
- Knowledge of treatment guidelines, clinical research processes, FDA regulations, and OIG guidelines.
- Excellent interpersonal verbal and written communication and presentation skills are required.
- Proven ability to network and partner with important external customers, including medical thought leaders, academic institutions, large group practices, medical directors, and pharmacy directors is required.
- Taiho is experiencing significant growth and therefore a high level of positive self-motivation and adaptability to rapidly changing demands is essential for your long-term success.