Oracle Developer with AWS Experience – FBI
@Orchard LLC has been retained by a specialty Federal Consulting firm, focused exclusively in the areas of BI Reporting, Data Analysis, Data Engineering, and Data Science, with market-leading solutions and services supporting these areas of need within the Government sector. Our client is seeking an Oracle Developer with AWS experience to join a data warehouse (DW) and BI development team supporting their federal customer’s data warehouse and financial reporting system. The candidate should have strong ETL and PL/SQL experience and be able to provide technical leadership, guidance, and support in implementing strategic technology approaches and designing advanced solutions for the customer. This is a full-time position on a multi-year contract with on-site work performed at the client’s office located in Washington, D.C., Top Secret clearance required.
As the Oracle AWS Developer, you will:
- Work with an existing DW team to convert our On-Premises Oracle EE (19c) Data Warehouse over to AWS GovCloud in an Oracle RDS platform.
- Create tables, views, materialized views, indexes, constraints, and PL/SQL-based ETL routines in support of our business intelligence platform.
- Apply changes to objects and code to keep pace with the yearly changes in the OLTP system and ensure that the ETL runs a efficiently and often as possible.
- Work in a fast-paced Agile environment within JIRA for your sprint workload and backlog grooming of future stories and tasks.
Your background will need to include:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5-7 years’ experience building data warehouse fact and dimension tables, views, materialized views, and bitmap/b-tree indexes.
- Direct solid experience using PL/SQL code to perform ETL for both full loads and incremental loads from an OLTP system to a Dimensional Data Warehouse.
- QA (testing and documentation) experience for PL/SQL development and peer reviews.
- Experience with converting PL/SQL ETL to other options available in AWS (GovCloud preferred) such as Glue or equivalent.
- Preferred experience for Oracle to Redshift conversions where the majority of the conversion is not automatable.
- Experience working within an Agile/SAFe teaming environment with multiple vendors and stakeholders.
- Momentum Financials experience a plus.
- Top Secret clearance required.
- Willingness to work 100% on-site in Washington, DC (metro accessible)