Palo Alto Firewall Administrator
The contract calls for an individual able to provide the stated services and to work 40 hours per week. @Orchard is seeking an individual willing to be proposed for this engagement and be willing to sign a Letter of Intent to join @Orchard if we are awarded the work, including agreements related to initial compensation.
As the Palo Alto Firewall Administrator your responsibilities will include the following tasks;
- Provide expertise in supporting 3 data centers with Palo Alto NexGen Firewalls, protecting the internet ingress/egress points.
- Able to support Palo Alto devices in the enterprise managed by Panorama.
- Configure all Palo Alto devices in accordance with current DISA STIG baseline requirements
- Provide guidance to the government client related to configuration changes utilizing industry best practices, zero trust implementation, and Palo Alto recommendations.
- Review and analyze the network topology, firewall connections, and the current rule sets to recommend and implement changes in order to properly secure the network layer.
- Work at the guidance of, and under the standard established by, the government clients, including approval process prior to implementing changes.
Your background will include;
- Demonstrated experience and capabilities as a Firewall Administrator focused upon Palo Alto equipment, within a Federal facility
- An active Secret Clearance
- A Bachelor’s degree, or comparative experience
- Suitable Palo Alto, Network or Firewall Administration certifications preferred.