Do you want to be a part of history and help make the world a little bit safer? Join us at BGCAPP (Blue Grass Chemical Agent-Destruction Pilot Plant) where we will design, build, systemize, test, operate and close the plant whose mission is the safe and environmentally sound destruction of the chemical weapons stockpile stored at the Blue Grass Army Depot (BGAD) in Richmond, KY. The 15,000-acre depot stores mustard and nerve agent in rockets and projectiles. Our design concept for the pilot plant maximizes the use of existing technology from other successful chemical demilitarization facilities as well as First of a Kind (FOAK) technology.
@Orchard LLC has been retained by a well-established solutions provider within the defense, intelligence, and critical infrastructure sector to identify & recruit an energetic Plant Systems Engineer (SE) to support their federal work in Richmond, KY. Owing to the nature of the work, we are only able to accept applicants who can able to obtain minimum federal clearance to work.
The purpose of the Plant Systems Engineer (SE) is to be the Point of Contact (POC) for the Cognizant System Engineer (CSE) group at the Bluegrass Chemical Agent-Destruction Pilot Plant (BGAPP). SE’s provides wide, on-site, engineering support to 24/7 plant operations to ensure the continued operational readiness of the systems within its scope.
The ideal person will have experience in:
- General Plant Engineering
- PLC programming/troubleshooting Allen Bradley and Rockwell automation.
- Materials handling, robotics, conveyance.
- Implement Plant Engineering program elements as assigned
- Develop, review, concur with and/or assess engineering technical documents for operations, maintenance, and testing impacts and providing alternative solutions
- Develop, review, concur with and/or assess management control procedures, technical procedures, or guides
- Assess facilities, systems, and/or processes anomalies or degraded conditions
- Develop or request support to develop engineering products for system or equipment repair or replacement
- Provide on-site technical support during preventative or corrective maintenance activities or commissioning
- Interface with subcontractors, vendors, and project support groups
- Other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Basic Job Qualifications:
BS degree in an engineering or a related scientific discipline, from an accredited college or university with at least 8 years of relevant work experience, or a minimum of 10 years of development experience such as practical work experience in relevant types of engineering such as systems startup, field engineering, or plant operation in large industrial plants, utilities, process plants or other engineering/construction firms in lieu of degree.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Knowledge of industry, and regulatory guides, codes, and standards.
- Skill In oral and written communication.
- Demonstrated expertise in system management
- Preferred job qualifications include a background in Mechanical, Process, or Instrumentation and Controls Engineering.