Our client has an immediate need for an experienced Pre-Sales Engineer with an active TS/SCI clearance and CI or Full Scope Poly, to support Government clients in Maryland and Northern Virginia. As a Sales Engineer, you will support network and application engineering for our client, including complex network design of the customer application of our client’s products. You will demonstrate superior client-facing consulting skills and the ability to effectively work with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
Your Responsibilities will likely include the following;
- Perform network and applications engineering for multiple client products.
- Complete complex network designs for customer application of client networking products.
- Proficient in the use of client’s Network design and modeling tools.
- Consult with potential and current customers on the application of client products for next-generation architectures.
- Prepare quotations and assist in proposal preparation for client products & upgrading actual design.
- Provide product and technical expertise to support Sales efforts of client products. Prepare complex design and applications presentations.
- Interact with customers on a daily basis working on deployment, issues, etc.
- Explain and demonstrate product functionality to Customers.
- Bring feedback back into Account/PLM/R&D community to help improve product functionality in future releases.
- Travel (30-50%, post-COVID), to customers within US Government vertical.
- Ensure overall customer deployment plans and timelines are driven to success. Act as the customer advocate.
- Occasionally provide help to Product Verification teams as a way to gain early familiarity with new products or functionality.
- Occasionally provide post-sales support.
Your background must include the following;
- Active TS/SCI clearance, preferably with Full-Scope Poly.
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of fiber optic DWDM transmission and OTN switching systems.
- In-depth knowledge of multi-layer network architectures (IP, Ethernet, MPLS) and Core Routing/Switching technologies and protocols (BGP, OSPF, IS-IS, IGRP, G.8032, MPLS-TP, 802.1ag, etc.) is required.
- In-depth knowledge of Route Optimization and Assurance, Segment Routing, EVPN, and other Adaptive IP network architectures.
- Familiarity with automation, analytics, and AI usage in network operations.
- Demonstrated capability with L2/L3 networking, as well as SDN skills to include Orchestration, NFV, and other software skills.
- Technical knowledge of Ethernet, Storage Networking (Fibre Channel, FICON), Software Defined Networking, Network Functions Virtualization, IP/MPLS, Encryption, WAN Optimization, Firewall, Virtual Routing, and Virtualization.
- Enjoy working daily with customers and have a “Customer First” attitude to their role.
- Demonstrated ability to lead in an environment of change – flexibility, creativity, and patience.
- Ability to learn and grasp technical concepts related to products being developed.
- Prior experience as a contributor on a sales-focused account team.