Our client is seeking a Principal Software Engineer to join their Space Software team. If you are looking to join a firm that has amazing technology, great values, and where you know you have room to be impactful and grow, then we need to hear from you.
As a Principal Software Engineer, you will be a part of the Ground Software team responsible for developing, deploying, and maintaining telemetry and commanding products supporting manufacturing teams, mission operations, and customers for multiple satellite programs under test and in orbit. You will be responsible for leading the development of highly available and scalable backend and frontend software for satellite telemetry data storage, visualization, analytics, and observability. You will have the freedom to design and engineer solutions to drive innovative, modern approaches to meet user needs and customer requirements.
As the Principal Software Engineer you will be responsible for;
- Serve as a subject matter expert for software domains, processes, and system-specific issues.
- Design and develop software for a large-scale satellite telemetry system within an agile team environment.
- Examine current technology and develop steps and processes to improve and expand upon them.
- Define and set development, test, and release processes.
- Perform peer reviews and create test cases and procedures to verify software functionality.
- Document and maintain architectures, requirements, algorithms, and system interfaces.
- Interface with users and customers to understand needs and interpret into design and implementation.
- Collaborate with and mentor teammates, provide best practices and guidance.
- Respond to incidents and anomalies through on-call support and improved automated performance monitoring & alerting.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, aerospace, or related STEM areas (Four additional years of related experience may be substituted for a degree).
- A minimum of 15 years of professional software development experience.
- Development experience with command and telemetry processing, mission operations, ground segments, and/or satellite software.
- Strong programming experience with both C++ and Python.
- Familiarly with infrastructure as code tools (e.g., Terraform) and CI/CD tools (e.g., GitLab).
- Experience building services on AWS, including the use of serverless computing technologies.
- Have experience with a large, shared codebase and continuous integration and deployment workflows and tooling.
- Experience designing and/or developing web-based observability and data visualization applications.
- Familiarity with databases (e.g., MySQL) and especially time-series databases.
- Experience with service-oriented architecture.
- Experience with implementing and utilizing automated testing frameworks.
- Strong written communications.
- Highly focused self-starter that likes solving problems.
- Loves learning and teaching new technical skills.