As the Principal System Architecture Engineer, you will lead or support systems engineering tasks such as requirements development and management, architecture development, interface development, formal decisions and trade studies, and system design development, specialty engineering integration, and verification and validation. In addition, you will lead or support the product structure and the system architectural models from early vehicle concept through detailed design, integration, and test phases.
- Lead and facilitate architecture development in Systems Modeling Language (SysML) model of assigned system, subsystems, and components.
- Responsible for the leading or supporting creation of the vehicle electronics (vetronics) and physical architectures and complete vehicle packaging of the systems and modules to create the optimum vehicle for the customer application and business. This also includes leading the functional analysis and logical architecture development needed for successful hardware and software integration.
- Support requirements decomposition analysis to help drive concept architectures and system characteristics. Support compliance assessments.
- Lead development and maintenance of interface requirements and interface design information for assigned sub-system, system and components in SysML model.
- Document concept design decisions and support generating System/Subsystem Design Descriptions (SSDDs) and capability assessments in SysML model.
- Coordinate and facilitate formal decisions and trade studies to drive design and document results.
- Responsible for developing and managing subsystem and component level performance specifications by managing requirements in a SysML model or requirements repository.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining requirements traceability in the SysML model or requirements repository.
- Develop and maintain requirements verification and compliance, and supporting artifacts.
- Provide Systems Engineering input to support vehicle level Systems Engineering activities and program milestone reviews.
- Support the execution and monitoring of cost, schedule, risk, and Contract Data Requirement List (CDRL) delivery.
- Coordinate Systems Engineering (SE) activities within assigned team IPTs and Specialty Engineering POCs to help influence the design.
- Must have bachelor degree (or equivalent experience) in relevant field from an accredited university in engineering with the following: 4+ Years with BS 2+ Years with MS 2+ Years with PHD
- Experience in Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE).
- Experience with SysML methodology and tools, preferably have knowledge necessary for requirement derivation, allocation and management.
- Have systems engineering experience/ knowledge necessary to perform requirements analysis, derivation and allocation, and translate requirements to viable concepts design solutions within applicable constraints.
- Experience and knowledge of computer systems and processors, logic devices, interfaces, and high-level understanding of operating systems.
- Experience developing architecture concepts and evaluating alternatives.
- Ability to balance system design considering system usage concept of operations (CONOPS), performance, constraints, and logistics concerns
- Ability to plan, conduct and document complex trade studies.
- Ability to generate System/Subsystem Design Descriptions (SSDDs) and capability assessments per the program statement of work (SOW).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Military Experience
- Experience with military vehicle systems
- Experience with SysML in Cameo Systems Modeler (MagicDraw) or equivalent modeling tool.
- Logical architecture experience, including development of use cases
- Experience with Controller Area Network (CAN) Bus strategies and implementation, and other relevant networks and protocols.
- Familiarity with Department of Defense Architecture (DoDAF)
- Experience with DOORS requirements management tool.
- Exposure to hardware/software integration.
- Have and maintain INCOSE Certified Systems Engineering Professional (CSEP) certification.
- Leadership and mentoring of younger engineers.