As a Production Engineer, you can expect to do the following:
- Assist with establishment and maintenance of Production Division organization, processes, and procedures.
- Assist in the development of production-related products including Statements of Work, weekly report inputs, DAES and SAR report inputs, Flag level presentations, point papers, and talking points, etc.
- Conduct periodic shipyard visits and participate in quarterly Shipbuilding Production Progress Conference (SPPCs), Production Readiness Reviews (PRRs), Integrated Base Line Reviews (IBRs), Launch Readiness Reviews, and Trials Readiness Reviews, as directed.
- Work with the Production Business Manager and Production Directors to develop and provide financial and production metrics, analysis, reports, and recommendations on a periodic basis.
- Provide support to the FREEDOM variant and INDEPENDENCE variant Production Directors in planning, production oversight, and analysis of LCS serial production.
- Develop quality assurance metrics, analysis, and recommendations. Investigate LCS variant production quality issues and generate technical reports of issues at each shipyard. Research root causes of trends and report findings. Generate ad hoc and routine reports using TSM.
- Review, analyze and comment on shipbuilder QA deliverables, including Contract Data Requirement List (CDRL) submissions and quarterly QA metrics submissions.
- Provide program management, technical, and planning support in the planning and execution of test and evaluation efforts of all HM&E Systems and subsystems installed on both LCS variants.
- Support the planning and execution of the Industrial Post Delivery Availability (IPDA). Efforts shall include the coordination of the Alteration Installation Team (AIT) and shipbuilder trial card correction efforts.
Your Background will include the following:
- Demonstrated knowledge of shipboard production compliance.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Quality Assurance.
- Experience with coordinating Government teams installing, testing, and integrating systems aboard naval vessels during construction.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in engineering/science management, production management, or schedule analysis.
- Significant experience in U.S. Navy programs or operations.