Ciena Government Solutions, Inc (CGSI is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Ciena) is looking for a Program Manager for an exceptional opportunity to join in establishing and growing a new services practice within a technology leader. CGSI’s team is expanding an already successful Consulting Services practice focused on the customization of Ciena’s product suite and the application of subject matter expertise within the national security sector.
This is a technically oriented program management role with a focus on engagement oversight, execution of customer requirements, and negotiation of internal and external fiscal, technical, and security-related business processes.
The candidate must be located within the Washington, D.C./Baltimore area and be active/eligible (previously adjudicated) for a Secret Clearance at a minimum (TS/SCI preferred). The candidate must be able to receive a TS level clearance if they do not currently hold one.
As the PM for CGSI you will;
- Drive Systems Integration delivery programs (and supporting projects) from presales proposal input through to delivery acceptance and project closure.
- Be responsible for program financial tracking, scope delivery adhering to and optimizing schedules, costs, and resources. Projects include Ciena, partner, and third-party deliverables.
- Act as the counterpart for customer program leader to ensure customer satisfaction and be the escalation point for service delivery activities.
- Be the hands-on-Program/Project manager for multiple projects.
- Prepare and present executive-level project communications project tracking and stakeholder management.
- Identify, manage, and mitigate program/project risks.
- Collaborate with colleagues in Services, product teams, supply-chain, and sales.
- Generate add-on-sales both by identifying opportunities to add customer value through the project scope and through customer satisfaction.
Your background will likely include;
- At least 8 years of relevant experience working in the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) field with prior responsibilities in program/project management roles for cloud or virtualization systems integration delivery projects. Experience with multivendor and software professional services for a communication service provider or enterprise customers is preferred.
- Technical Program Management experience including experiences within optical networking technology, network function virtualization, orchestration (MANO), and networking (L2/L3, security, routing protocols, network design).
- Demonstrated negotiation skills to work with customers and resource owners.
- Proven ability to mentor and lead by influence and collaboration.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation communications skills. Strong quantitative skills. Attention to the statement of work details. Customer and partner-facing skills.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required. MS or MBA is valuable.
- PMP certification is a plus along with virtualization and networking technology certifications.
- Must have the ability to travel throughout the Washington Metropolitan Area (WMA) to support customer program objectives is necessary. Occasional Temporary Duty (TDY) to project locations may be requested.
- Experience with managed services and build-operate-transfer projects is a plus.