Project Controls/Business Analyst
Cost Plan Development and Analysis:
- Use the cost and schedule plan to determine if project objectives are achievable. Create, maintain, and update monthly forecast budgets. Prepare various cost reports and maintain forecast accuracy. Prepare project performance analysis, cost, and schedule status reports. Identify cost and schedule variances from objectives and recommend corrective action.
- Assess and report on project performance using established industry standards.
- Ensure that responses to project budget, and GRC or FERC cost requests reflect accurate and current project cost information and stakeholders are in concurrence.
- Provide regular communication on project cost, schedule, and risk status to project team members, stakeholders, and the public.
- Interface with design and planning resources and software systems.
- Review and assist in the preparation of Advance Authorizations, Job Estimates, and Re-Authorizations and assist PM in routing for approval.
- Prepare journal entries and coordinate or process goods receipts in a current software system.
- Ensure that responses to budget and cost requests reflect correct project cost information and that stakeholders are in concurrence.
- Input data into various programs and prepare various cost and forecasting reports.
- Verify that project cost and schedule milestones were/were not attained and provide input to identify future process or business improvements and work with responsible parties to implement.
- Manage orders from inception through completion and all required documentation is entered into the current software system (Ex: EDMS).
- Resolve all open items, ensure compliance requirements are met and settlement rules are entered and close out order.
- Maintain scope change, contingency release, change order, and journal entry logs.
- Maintain written and electronic project documentation and records for required aspects of the project: Maintain project files in accordance with established guidelines and requirements (Ex: utilizing the electronic document management system or EDMS).
- Document change order requests, project status, key issues, risks and resolution, priority changes, and approvals.
- Provide the Project Manager with a monthly report of project costs and/or schedule information including variance analysis according to an agreed-upon level of detail and prioritization.
- Provide Project Team members with a current status report containing schedule and cost information. Comply with Utility Operations Policies, Standards, and Guidelines.
- Assist PM with Post Job Critique.
- Prepare various monthly and weekly project management reports and report performance reports to the management group including scorecards.
- Ensure quality of reports for the department, to report out to stakeholders.
- Validate weekly and monthly data sets.
- May provide support to project manager(s) as necessary.
- Fulfill ad-hoc requests for cost-related data analysis.
- Participate in (or lead) various process improvement initiatives within Project Management.
- Prepare various monthly and weekly project performance reports – budget and cycle forecast reports; and financial status reports, utilizing the financial tracking software (e.g. SAP/BW system and EPM).
- Coordinate and work with all stakeholders, on creating new reports, that best measure and support good business decisions, to meet the Year-End Annual Budget target.
- Coordinate and summarize project cycle forecast variance explanations for the department, to report out to stakeholders.
- Ensure that all responses to budget, and quarterly cycle requests reflect accurate and current project cost information and that stakeholders are in concurrence.
- Post and update all the project performance; budget and cycle forecast; and status reports on the Project Management website.
- Financial and Performance Management
- Monitor, analyze, and report on the Department’s Forecasting Performance, with weekly performance reports, utilizing the financial tracking tools (e.g. SAP/BW).