- Receive vendor packing lists against company purchase orders and ensure that the products in each delivery match the packing list
- Work closely with the procurement and receiving dock to ensure all the information on packing slips is correct and able to be received in a timely manner.
- Attention to details needed to address all necessary paperwork upon shipment receipt.
- Identify problems with purchase orders and material not being able to be stored off the dock and communicate effectively to resolve the issues.
- Collaborate with all relevant stakeholders, including but not limited to, suppliers, Interco sites, buyers, production, receiving dock (bargaining unit), and management.
- Be able to learn to utilize tools such as excel, access database, and oracle system downloads to complete and track metrics for reporting
- A Minimum of 1 year of relevant experience in Receiving experience in Purchasing/procurement
- Basic understanding of MRP fundamentals and ability to use metrics.
- The ideal candidate will be ambitious and motivated by gaining broad exposure to all facets of the organization.
- Impeccable work ethic, flexible, hands-on, and demonstrated adaptability.
- Sense of urgency and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to professionally communicate with stakeholders and customers.
- Customer service focused, with a willingness to own the customer experience.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word and Excel, Outlook) and basic computer skills.
- Strong self-motivator with the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Possess process improvement and problem resolution skills.
- Preferred but not required: Experience with Oracle; Defense, Aerospace, Combat Vehicle product development, and/or manufacturing work environment