Operates multiple-call telephone console and routes calls to the appropriate person or location, including transferring to voice mail. Greets all outside visitors as they enter the floor. Always presents a business professional appearance, as well as courteous and efficient service.
- Greets visitors, notifies person(s) being visited, and/or escorts visitors to desired location. Promptly learns layout of offices within the organization so as to be most businesslike in delivering visitors.
- Answers telephone and routes calls promptly. Does not leave callers on “hold” and unattended for longer than 20 seconds. Takes clear messages for those unavailable to the telephone.
- Maintains appropriate telephone and visitor records.
- Processes Corporate employees’ weekly time charges.
- Maintains schedule for conference room log books.
- May operate copy equipment and/or perform a variety of routine typing and clerical duties as necessary and appropriate without leaving the reception area.
- May be responsible for distributing brochures or other materials to all visitors.
- Trains relief operators.
- Maintains a neat and efficient working area at all times.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.