Regional Sales Manager – Pharmaceuticals (Hospital Systems)
WORK FROM HOME-BASED OFFICE (Must live within Territory – close to an airport)
TERRITORY: California, Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, Hawaii, Utah, Washington & Oregon
@Orchard LLC is the managed recruiting partner for a growing pharmaceutical firm, backed by Private Equity funds and committed to the delivery of commercialized products to the hospital-based ecosystem, with an initial emphasis upon antibiotics and infectious disease.
If you want to be a part of a team that is passionate and dedicated to saving lives threatened by the global public health crisis of bacterial infections, then our client is the right place for you. Our client offers a dynamic work environment in which innovation, teamwork, knowledge, and flexibility are valued.
Our client’s novel antibiotics portfolio has the unique ability to provide providers and patients with a range of solutions that can meet the tremendous need for treating serious infections. The portfolio also encourages the use of our products at various call points within the hospital or account ecosystem, including Long Term Care Hospitals and various types of infusion centers.
The Regional Sales Manager, Key Accounts will be responsible for managing a geographical area that includes 10 territories and will provide supervision and coaching to their respective Key Account Managers (KAMs) on relevant personnel and operational matters. This position will be responsible for increasing sales and meeting objectives and is accountable for the overall success of the geographical area and customer base, including clinicians, hospitals, and integrated delivery networks within the assigned geography.
As a Regional Sales Manager, Key Accounts (RSM), you will;
- Increases sales in the geographical area by coaching, mentoring, supporting, and managing the group of Key Account Managers (KAMs) in the area
- Develop regional sales plans for new business and expanding existing accounts
- Conduct field observations with each Key Account Manager, calling on assigned institutions
- Complete field coaching reports after each travel session
- Coach group to make effective sales presentations, achieve formulary approval/pull-through, and develop relationships with key institutional contacts by offering examples that improve performance
- Plan and conduct effective sales meetings. Ensure compliance with Company policies and regional expectations
- Implement new programs, compensation packages, and marketing pieces as provided by the Home office
- Collaborate and communicate with Sales, Medical Affairs, National Accounts, Marketing, and Sales
- Provide administration on all needs, opportunities, Key Opinion Leader touch points, formulary changes, and pull-through initiatives.
- Develop and deliver account-specific strategies to profitably maintain and grow the business.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline is required. An MBA is preferred
- Minimum of 3 years successfully leading institutional account managers required
- Minimum of 10 years of related pharmaceutical sales, marketing and/or training experience.
- Hospital sales experience required
- Buy and Bill experience required
- Cross functional leadership experience (marketing, training, analytics) preferred
- Highly motivated, results driven individual, able to work well independently and as a team member; under pressure and shifting priorities.
- Strong project management skills to ensure timelines are met, as well as the ability to prioritize and multitask
- A passion for continuous learning within the industry and therapeutic fields.
- Proven ability to work in a matrix environment and to value the importance of teamwork.
- Proven ability to coach and develop direct reports
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Computer literacy in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
- Willingness and ability to provide proof of childhood immunizations, a negative TB test and other requirements, as set by each hospital’s credentialing protocol for access.
- Willing to travel as needed to fulfill leadership responsibilities and to attend conferences and sales meetings.