@Orchard LLC has been retained by a well-established solutions provider within the defense, intelligence, and critical infrastructure sector to identify an experienced Scheduler to support their federal work in Ridgecrest, CA. If you are looking for a challenging opportunity in the construction industry supporting complex federal work, this opportunity is for you. Owing to the nature of the work and client requirements, applicants must be able eligible to obtain a minimum federal clearance when required. Period of Performance is 4 Months with potential extension beyond the said period and a strong possibility for an FTE opportunity after 4 months on the contract.
- Provide assistance and technical guidance to engineers/architects exercising construction oversight and design management for construction program.
- Manage multiple priorities and, when requested, independently develop and provide technical recommendations/ solutions regarding scheduling issues and time impacts on complex problems encountered during the administration of the construction contracts.
- Routinely communicate and coordinate with other technical and non- technical OICC China Lake personnel and provide schedule related support where needed.
- Provide support during the design or RFP development phase of projects to ensure an appropriate construction duration is established for major projects or initiatives.
- Participate in Technical Evaluation Teams (TET) as necessary when selection factors involve the submission of a proposed contractor schedule. The Schedule Analyst shall review and provide recommendations to the TET Chair.
- Review baseline schedule submissions to determine that they comply with contract requirements for format, structure, and content.
- Work with the CM and ET in review of monthly update schedules to ensure they are historically accurate, consistent with the baseline, and show timely performance.
- Provide review and analysis of contractor claimed time impacts.
- Assist in recovery discussions with a contractor after a time impact has been realized.
- Perform “what-if” analysis for potential time impacts.
- Provide schedule training to field office personnel covering basic understanding of network analysis schedules, critical path method, time impact analysis, baseline, progress, and as-built schedule reviews, and software usage.
- An associate and/or bachelor’s degree in any field.
- A minimum of 5 years of construction scheduling experience utilizing Primavera P6 and its earlier versions.
- Experience in preparing or analyzing Time-Impact-Analysis as it relates to time extension requests or claims.
- Ability to evaluate the Contractor’s baseline schedules and monthly updates.
- Registration from the Association for the Advancement of Cost Engineering (AACE) as a Planning and Scheduling Professional (PSP) is highly desirable.
- Strongly prefer experience working on Naval Facilities Engineering Command or US Army Corps of Engineers projects.