As an Avionics Hardware Engineer, you will act as the engineering focal for one or several avionics units for different Space Infrastructure products. Collaborating closely with a cohort of electrical, mechanical, test and system engineers, you will develop electrical schematics, PCB board layouts, specifications and execute test activities in the laboratory. You will provide technical leadership, guide and mentor junior engineers to complete the overall design of the avionics boxes. This is an exciting opportunity to be the owner from concept to verification, production and operation of avionics hardware for space applications.
- Work with a cross-functional team of electrical, mechanical and test engineers to develop avionics hardware products for space infrastructure applications
- Create electrical schematics, PCB layouts, mechanical drawings, test and verification plans
- Execute test campaigns in R&D and environmental laboratories, and use the data gathered to iterate the design
- Oversee the manufacturing of PCB boards and avionics boxes both for research and volume production purposes
- Interface with Software and Firmware development engineers to ensure that the hardware design will meet the requirements of the overall system
- Provide technical leadership, guide, and mentor junior engineers
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, aerospace engineering, physics, mathematics, computer science or a related field. 4 additional years of experience may be substituted for a degree.
- 5 years of experience with electrical design and analysis, with an emphasis in micro-processors and micro-controller board design.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced iterative R&D environments where requirements are not yet fully defined
- Hands-on oriented, willingness to test quick, understand failures and incorporate lessons learned in the design
- 8 years of relevant experience, including experience leading electrical engineering designs through the full lifecycle
- Familiarity with satellite avionics design and test obtained through educational training and/or on the-job experience in a related field
- Familiarity with the space environment and its effect on satellite systems
- Experience with FPGA hardware implementation for flight applications in the aerospace industry
- Knowledge of firmware development for flight applications in the aerospace industry