This will be a Remote working from home opportunity. This is a contract-to-hire opportunity with initial 6 Months of contract employment through @Orchard.
- Prepare, distribute, revise, coordinate approval process, and finalize invoices for all contract types
- Ensure monthly invoices are submitted to the client by a pre-established due date
- Work with project staff to ensure that bills go forward as quickly as possible, following up on needed approvals to finalize bills
- Establish Excel-based invoices in client prescribed formats (these invoices often require the development and maintenance of automated spreadsheets to prompt the user for required information)
- Establish procedures, routines, and related documentation regarding billing and contract maintenance
- Troubleshoot billing errors, reconciling differences between billed and cost amounts
- Train and/or mentor other team members as needed.
- Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate
Required Skills & Education:
- Associate’s or equivalent degree in Accounting (or equivalent)
- At least 6 years of related experience
- At least 5 years of government contract experience
- At least 3 years of Billing experience
- Experience in all aspects of client invoicing requirements.
- Understanding of the budget and client invoicing process, as well as comprehensive knowledge of MS Excel
- Demonstrate strategic and critical thinking problem-solving skills
- Proven written and oral communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills are required, as well as a thorough knowledge of contract provisions regarding client invoicing and payment processes
- Ability and willingness to travel to the offices up to 10% as needed
- 8+ experience with Government Contracting
- Experience with COSTPOINT
- Experience with (MPO) Maryland Procurement Office