Senior Contract Specialist (Acquisition Planning)
@Orchard has been retained by a very well-established Federal Contractor with a market-leading position in their specialty, to identify a highly confident and skilled Contract Specialist, to work within one of the Intelligence Community clients, located at Fort Belvoir in Fairfax County, Virginia.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for managing, planning, organizing, and leading tasks and projects for the entire acquisition life-cycle, and for exceeding client expectations in the quality of all client deliverables. If you are looking to work for a segment leader, where you can leverage your current skills to work and have the opportunity to work with really talented people committed to a critical mission of protecting our nation, this is your opportunity.
As the Proposal Manager you will:
- Developing and reviewing acquisition strategies, documentation, statements of objectives, source selection plans, and business cases that support acquisition decisions;
- Providing acquisition support for services and supplies, including major system acquisitions, and executing the full life-cycle acquisition requirement;
- Utilizing automated systems for tracking and monitoring acquisition status, funding, implementation, and closeout; and
- Utilizing ASI’s knowledge base to stay current on all facets of acquisition.
Your background will include;
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent certification in Business Administration or a related field.
- DAWIA III in Contracting.
- Active TS/SCI clearance (current TS/SCI eligibility or access).
- 12+ years of experience in the Federal acquisition arena.
- Previous supervisory, leadership, or mentoring experience with demonstrated ability to lead, coach, and develop teammates toward achieving desired goals and outcomes.
- Relevant experience, including well-developed acquisition planning, strategy development, negotiations, contract administration, pricing analysis, and related functional assignments in the execution of the acquisition-related requirements.
- Superior knowledge of performance-based service contracting concepts, strategies, and governing rules and regulations.
- Knowledge and mastery of federal acquisition laws and regulations, including Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), the Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFAR), and agency-specific regulations.
- Knowledge of General Accounting Principles, including a working knowledge of project financial statements and an understanding of basic business principles as they relate to profitability.
- Knowledge of project management principles, automated tools, and program status tracking techniques.
- Knowledge of DoD 5000 Standards.
- Ability and desire to maintain and expand client relationships through the delivery of high-quality work.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read the regulatory, policy, and related acquisition guidance, interpret that guidance to a stated situation, and apply the concepts presented in the guidance.
- Ability to think independently and provide others with convincing and persuasive evidence that supports a stated acquisition strategy or position.
- Ability to multitask and work effectively, both independently and in teams, ensuring timely completion of assignments and meeting established quality standards, PDF files.
- Superior interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact in a professional manner with senior-level government managers and teammates during periods of high stress and tight deadlines.