If you are looking to work for a segment leader, with Contract Specialist engagements at the Municipal, State, and Federal level where you can leverage your current skills to build an interesting and satisfying career, this is your opportunity.
As the Senior Contract Specialist you will;
- Serve as Senior-level Contract Specialist responsible for all pre-award and post-award functions for the agency/agencies supported.
- Develop the solicitations which include directing the working teams to create definitive sections including the SOW, terms, and conditions, and others.
- Conduct pre-proposal conferences with prospective contractors to ensure they have a clear understanding of what is required under the proposed solicitation.
- Determine pre-negotiation position, determine the types of contracts best suited for each SOW and procurement method to be used, and prepare required justification.
- Perform and execute all duties and responsibilities associated with assigned warrants granted to this senior-level position.
- Manage internal and external stakeholders through all phases of the procurement life cycle including, but not limited to leading the evaluation panels; providing instructions and guidance related to evaluation.
- Conduct market analyses to advise pricing arrangement, subcontracting approach, and other related considerations.
- Prepare and maintain acquisition plans, milestone charts, and related schedules; using all available systems and tools (e.g. PASS) to input, track and report on.
- Perform the full range of contract administration activities such as issuing contract modifications, and development of change orders; issuing stop-work orders; reviewing settlement proposals; monitoring contractor adherence to all contractual and performance-related guidelines and terms, and terminating contracts as required.
As the Senior Contract Specialist your background will include;
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher from an accredited college or university and at least fifteen (15) Years of related experience required.
- Expert knowledge of all procurement methods, contract types, acquisition planning, and implementation of all pre-award and post-award procurement actions. Professional knowledge of cost/price and market analysis techniques.
- Experience interpreting and implementing municipal and federal procurement regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Advanced knowledge and proven experience with all aspects of bid and proposal process including evaluation, responsiveness ranges, responsibility, and performance measurements; and comprehensive knowledge of small purchasing arrangements, procedures, and practices.
- Proven leadership and knowledge of project/ program management, with demonstrated success in problem-solving and conflict resolution including conducting root cause analyses.
- Comprehensive knowledge of automated procurement management systems and Microsoft Office.
- Excellent skills and abilities in oral and written communications and interpersonal skills are required to respond effectively to requests and complaints.
- Experience mentoring subordinate staff.