Far from being the traditional “command and control” driven organization of many large firms in the sector, our client seeks input from all levels and their leaders are often to be found on the factory floor working and learning from those at the point of the spear of development.
If you are an experienced Embedded Software Engineer with skills in C/C++ and ADA software development and are looking to join a firm that has amazing technology, great values, and where you know you have room to be impactful and grow, then we need to hear from you.
As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for applying advanced technical skillsets for embedded systems. Your primary responsibility will be to generate code, but you will also be intimately involved in testing, debugging, integration, and operational testing.
As the Embedded Software Engineer you will be responsible for;
- Our client’s software is written for embedded Real-time Operating Systems (RTOS), so an understanding of RTOS concepts is highly desirable (e.g., Greenhills Integrity, VxWorks, or RTEMS.)
- Develops and maintains code and integrates software components into a fully functional software system, specifically for Attitude Control Systems
- Develops, documents, and maintains architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces, and designs for software systems.
- Develops software verification plans, unit level, and open-loop test suites and procedures, executing the test procedures and documenting test results to ensure software system requirements are met.
- Performs software product life cycle management.
- Demonstrated facility with software revision control systems and workflows (e.g., Git, CVS).
- Develops, tailors, and deploys software processes, tools, and metrics.
- Serves as a subject matter expert for software domains, processes, and system-specific issues.
Your background will include;
- Must be a U.S. citizen and be willing and able to obtain U.S. Government security clearance.
- A minimum of 8 years of software development experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or related field. Four additional years of experience may be substituted for a degree.
- Previous experience in software development, management systems, and as a software project lead.
Additional preferred skills and experience:
- Master’s degree or Ph.D. in a related field.
- Written software in C++, ADA.
- Worked on satellite software development from inception to launch.
- Experience with large-scale satellite software development projects.
- Experience with CMMI-3.
- Ability to work in a highly-collaborative environment with hands-off, remote management.