@Orchard LLC has been retained by a growing pharmaceutical firm focused solely upon Oncology to lead a search for an experienced Senior Manager, with a background in Clinical Trials Outsource Management, focusing on the management of third-party vendors (CRO’s). The position will require time spent in the Princeton Headquarters, initially 2-days per week at a minimum, there is flexibility for the rest of the time, to work from home or in the office as preferred or the work dictates.
About our client;
- Looking for a chance to make a real difference in the oncology space?
- Our client is on a mission: to improve the lives of cancer patients, their families, and caregivers.
- Our client uses state-of-the-art technology and facilities to discover and develop innovative cancer treatments that address unmet patient needs and redefine the way the world treats cancer.
- Our client maintains a culture of integrity and accountability and works openly and forthrightly to create an atmosphere of trust and respect with healthcare professionals, patients, and caregivers.
- Our client recognizes the value of every employee and fosters an atmosphere of mutual respect, collaboration, and ownership.
- Advanced technology, dedicated investigators, and incomparable facilities: these vast resources empower us to redefine the way the world treats cancer.
It’s our work, our passion, and our legacy. If the prospect of being part of this sounds exciting, we invite you to join us.
About the role;
The Senior Manager, Clinical Outsourcing and Vendor Management support and executes strategic and operational outsourcing initiatives for the R&D department of our client. The Senior Manager is tasked with closely collaborating with internal stakeholders within the R&D department such as Clinical Operations, Data Management, CMC, Biomarker, etc. In the role, the Senior Manager manages the outsourcing process and vendor relationship to help ensure that our client purchases good quality services and goods at reasonable costs.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Lead the supplier selection process (RFx) in collaboration with internal stakeholders and as a point of contact for potential vendors.
- Cross functionally collaborate with internal stakeholders and negotiate contracts with suppliers such as MSA, WO, CO, etc.
- Help achieve cost savings by conducting an analysis of spending patterns and negotiating preferred financial terms for our Client.
- Work with internal stakeholders to help establish healthy and strong supplier relationships.
- Assist Senior Director, Outsourcing & Vendor Management in building supplier governance.
- Support project teams in the resolution of study-specific service provider performance issues. Identify and propose opportunities for process improvement.
- Periodically review applicable Outsourcing Guidance and provide the internal stakeholders with training education.
- Maintain the procurement management system by collaborating with the IT department.
- Being a member of Supplier Risk Due Diligence Committee, help ensure smooth supplier onboarding in compliance with all the applicable law, regulations, and Company internal guidelines.
Your background will include;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Legal, Life Science, Business Administration, or equivalent; advanced degree is a plus.
- At least 6 years of direct experience in CRO outsourcing in pharma industry required.
- Contract negotiation and supplier relationship management experience are required.
- Strategic Sourcing experience is preferred.
- CPM or CPIM certification is a plus.