As the Senior Medical Supply & Logistics Technician, you work will include the following tasks;
- Collaborate with military and other federal government personnel to ensure accurate completion of work.
- Perform technical review and electronic cataloging on all New Item Requests (NIRs) that will be added to customers’ catalogs.
- Determine acceptability of customers’ suggested source of supply by utilizing mandated supply management systems, which include but are not limited to the items listed below. Defense Medical Logistics Standard Support (DMLSS) System Electronic Catalog (ECAT) Department of Defense Electronic Mall (DOD EMALL) Defense Supply Center, Philadelphia (DSCP) War Fighter Prime Vendor system.
- Compile, maintain, and provide technical data needed to publish electronic catalogs. Product descriptions and prices change frequently.
- Be responsible for the management and maintenance of DMLSS catalogs to ensure product order accuracy. This includes, but is not limited to, managing product recalls, providing training to customers, and maintaining supporting documentation related to DMLSS customer service.
- Furnish technical assistance to supported activities relative to all phases of supply functions via telephone, written request, or personal contact.
- Assist customers with how to look up the status of requisitions and makes contact with purchasing or other appropriate individuals when necessary.
- Assist with receipt and distribution of supplies in accordance with site policies, including but not limited to, medical/surgical consumables.
- Operate hand and power jacks and carts in performing warehouse duties.
- Adhere to the site policies pertaining to the wearing of safety shoes and other protective clothing.
- Attend hazardous material training located aboard MCAS Cherry Point NC.
- Handle hazardous material in accordance with site policies.
Your background will include;
- Prior experience, and a good working knowledge of medical logistics, supply systems/programs, governing supply policies, nomenclature, work methods, database management, and manuals.
- Analytical ability to define or recognize problems and to collect the necessary data to establish the facts, and to take or recommend action based upon application or interpretation of established guidelines.
- Ability to type a minimum of 40 words per minute.
- Experience operating computers, typewriters, and ten key keyboards (e.g. calculators).
- Ability to perform light lifting (less than 50lbs.)