If you are an experienced DevOps Software Engineer and are looking to join a firm that has amazing technology, great values, and where you know you have room to be impactful and grow, then we need to hear from you.
As a DevOps Software Engineer, you will be a part of the Ground Software team responsible for developing, deploying, and maintaining telemetry and commanding products supporting manufacturing teams, mission operations, and customers for multiple satellite programs under test and in orbit. You will have the freedom to design and engineer solutions to drive innovative, modern approaches to meet user needs and customer requirements. In this role, you will focus on implementing infrastructure automation, developing cloud-native tools, contributing to the team’s technical direction, mentoring teammates, and identifying best practices.
As the DevOps Software Engineer you will be responsible for;
- Examine current technology and develop steps and processes to improve and expand upon them.
- Architect and implement CI/CD tooling and infrastructure automation.
- Define and set development, test, and release processes.
- Design and develop satellite telemetry-related applications within an agile team environment.
- Review and verify the software code developed.
- Document and maintain architectures, requirements, algorithms, and system interfaces.
- Interface with users and customers to understand needs and interpret into design and implementation.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for software domains, processes, and system-specific issues.
- Collaborate with and mentor teammates, provide best practices and guidance.
- Respond to incidents and anomalies through on-call support and improved automated performance monitoring & alerting.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, aerospace, or related STEM areas (Four additional years of related experience may be substituted for a degree).
- A minimum of 5 years of professional software development experience.
- Hands-on DevOps experience. Familiarly with tools like Terraform, GitLab, and Docker.
- Experience building services on AWS, including the use of serverless computing technologies.
- Programming experience with at least one modern language, preferably Java, C++, and/or Python.
- Have experience with a large, shared codebase and continuous integration and deployment workflows and tooling.
- Experience with implementing and utilizing automated testing frameworks.
- Development experience with command and telemetry processing, mission operations, ground segments, and/or satellite software.
- Experience with service-oriented architecture.
- Strong written communications.
- Highly focused self-starter that likes solving problems.
- Loves learning and teaching new technical skills.