Software Engineer with Top Secret Clearance
The team is a multi-faceted software development and systems administration team working to build and maintain software applications backed by a self-managed cloud infrastructure with a true big-data footprint (over 10 petabytes). The team’s diverse background of experience in mission support and software development serves as a catalyst to solve unique and challenging intelligence problems in support of special operations analysts and their on-going activities. Prototyping and frequent, iterative feedback are core to their delivery approach, anchored by a need to work quickly in support of missions.
Your Core Responsibilities will include:
- Helping to maintain an existing data pipeline tasked with automatically retrieving and ingesting data, web application development for search, discovery and triage, development and implementation of analytical models.
- Maintenance and enhancement of existing custom applications specifically built to support mission partners.
- Must be a US citizen.
- Current Top Secret security clearance w/ SCI Eligibility and willing to get a CI poly
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Engineering or a related field (4 additional years of experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree. A Master’s degree may count as an additional 2 years of experience.).
- 2+ years demonstrated experience with programming, design, and/or development.
- Working knowledge of agile software development practices and tools, such as Jira, Confluence, and git.
- Must be able and willing to work onsite in Herndon, VA.
- Full-stack development experience in Python and/or Java.
- Experience with front-end development using React, Angular, or some other JS framework.
- Elasticsearch experience.
- API Rest Framework development/maintenance.
- Data flow orchestration using Nifi or similar.
- Experience with provision and configuration management tools such as Ansible, Terraform, or similar.
- Exposure to building and supporting solutions in a cloud like environment (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, OpenStack, etc…).
- Strong verbal, written, and organizational skills.
- You are a creative problem-solver who wants to apply breakthrough technologies for the good of humanity and to keep our country safe.