Our client is seeking a Software Test Manager to join their Space Software team in Westminster, CO, or San Jose, CA. In this role, you will lead a team of Verification and Validation Test Engineers focused on confirming the data handling sub-systems of spacecraft flight software. Thermal, battery, commanding, and telemetry are examples of these mission-critical data handling subsystems. If you are looking to join a firm that has amazing technology, great values, and where you know you have room to be impactful and grow, then we need to hear from you.
As a Software Test Manager, you will have the opportunity to work with a variety of government and commercial partners on a wide variety of projects. These include developing the Power Propulsion Element (PPE) for the Lunar Gateway for NASA and a variety of low earth and geosynchronous orbit communication satellites. The team will be responsible for ensuring that the spacecraft flight software developed in-house meets the requirements of these programs.
As the Software Test Manager you will be responsible for;
- Lead a team of 10-50 Verification and Validation Test Engineers to support numerous spacecraft programs within the firm.
- Assist and guide your team members on project and learning activities that help expand their skills, knowledge, and career opportunities.
- Assist the team with optimizing organization structure, including the adoption of the Scaled Agile Framework.
- Assist other peer organizations in solving for the whole: drive greater ownership & solutions to ensure all programs are successful.
Your background will include;
- Must be a U.S. citizen and be able to obtain U.S. Government security clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering/Science or Aerospace Engineering and 8 years of work experience (Four additional years of experience may be substituted for a degree).
- A minimum of 5 years experience as a Team Manager, Technical Lead, or a combination of both.
- Previous experience in software development, software finance accountability, and working as a software project lead.
Additional preferred skills and experience:
- Recent relevant experience operating in SAFe, Scaled Agile Framework.
- Worked on satellite software development from inception to launch.
- Experience with large-scale satellite software development projects.
- Experience with CMMI-3.