Our client is entering a critically important phase of growth, this is going to put stresses and demands on the supply chain like never before. Our client needs someone who relishes that opportunity to make the process more robust, more reliable, and more efficient. You will be able to touch every aspect of the process, after the finished product phase (this role does not require in-depth knowledge of production planning, or raw material sourcing). The primary focus will be optimizing the outbound process to wholesalers and US-based clients once the product has arrived. Our client currently has one product and one indication for that product, but they expect growth in both aspects, therefore this is the optimal time to get the process right before it becomes even more complex. If successful, the Supply Chain Manager will likely have the opportunity to grow with the firm and build a department to meet the changing and growing demands upon the global supply chain end-to-end.
As the Supply Chain Manager, you will;
- Work cross-functionally to ensure commercial plans are executed operationally to meet strategic goals. Partner with in-bound partners in Europe, the US-based Commercial team, and US Customers such as Wholesalers to ensure the supply chain is optimized.
- Oversee all international and domestic logistics partners.
- Identify optimal shipment and transportation routes with attention to the consolidation of warehousing and distribution.
- Ensure the efficient loading, unloading, movement, and storage of the product.
- Develop and meet inventory goals for the company which effectively balance cash-flow, product lead-times, shipment times, and inventory turn rates.
- Negotiate resolution with service providers relative to quality and service issues.
- Provide feedback to senior-level representatives of providers on quality and delivery performance to assure continuous improvement in those areas.
- Assist in the development of a distribution infrastructure that supports our customers in the most cost-effective and efficient manner.
- Develop relationships in the marketplace to understand and stay abreast of industry changes that may impact programs as it relates to regulatory requirements (e.g., serialization).
Your background will include the following elements;
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred.
- Demonstrated experience planning and executing Supply Chain Operations with an emphasis on outbound efficiency.
- Prior knowledge and experience developing budgets and supply chain plans including 20-year forecasting for supply chain effectiveness.
- Demonstrated ability to strategically plan and executive on all priorities, while managing the changing business needs.
- The ability to proactively fill in the gaps when presented with partial information or leads.
- Strong customer orientation that results in trust-based relationships with suppliers, partners, and internal stakeholders.
- Superior project management and analytical skills.
- Resilient and agile – always seeking new learning experiences, and open to learning new approaches.
- Excellent organizational and communication (written & verbal) skills.
- Detail-oriented, able to multitask and meet deadlines, comfortable within the ambiguity of fast-growth companies.
- Exceptional negotiating skills, able to identify the balanced solution for all parties.